A programme to increase your child's choices and chances through Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics combined with building enterprise skills and gaining a good understanding of our environment.
Why Do It?
To ensure that every student is encourages to:
- Understand that this knowledge and understanding it all around us.
- Recognise the career opportunities to which the STe³M subjects can lead.
- Be at the forefront of change in the world around us.
What do we do at Bradfield?
Bradfield is a leading Sheffield school when it comes to STe³M. At Bradfield we have:
- A teaching and learning pedagogy based around STe³M skills whereby students are encouraged to develop independent learning, teamwork, creativity and problem solving in all lessons.
- Three STe³M lead teachers who work not only across our school developing opportunities but also with our feeder primary schools to raise awareness and involve students in STe³M projects.
- Project based learning across key stage 3.
- STe³M Clubs.
- A programme for students to train as STe³M Ambassadors as part of the Cutler's "Made in Sheffield" project.
- STe³M days specifically focused projects for years 7-9. With all students reflecting on skills and competencies and aiming to achieve the Cutler's "Made in Sheffield" Work-Wise Passport.
- Regular visits to outside industry and presentations from outside speakers.
- A wide range of enrichment activities for all year groups.
If you would like more information or would like to get involved have a look at these three websites.