The 16-18 Student Pass entitles pass holders to concessionary travel on buses and trams in South Yorkshire.  Pass holders are also entitled to half fare on Northern Rail train services in South Yorkshire.


Valid on: Buses, Trams and Train.


          Price:        £0.00           Operator(s):        All operator           Duration:        Academic year             Available from:          Travel South Yorkshire Information Centres.

Please note this pass is not available at Adwick, Dinnington and Hillsborough Interchanges. 


Full ticket information


The current concessionary fare on buses and trams in South Yorkshire is 70p.


To qualify for a 16-18 Student Pass you must be:


  • a resident of South Yorkshire
  • in full-time education
  • under 18 at the start of the academic year.


How to apply:


Option 1 If you’re leaving school and going to one of these colleges:


  • Barnsley
  • Dearne Valley
  • Doncaster
  • Hillsborough
  • Longley
  • Norton
  • Peaks
  • RCAT (inc Rother Valley Campus)
  • Sheffield City
  • Thomas Rotherham


and applying for this pass for the first time you can apply online.


Once you have enrolled, your details will be sent directly to us by your college and a pass will be posted out to your home address.


Option 2


If you’re going into your second year at College and already have a student pass that is due to expire on 31 July 2013, and you have not changed address in the last year, then you don’t need to do anything.  Once you have enrolled, confirmation will be sent to us and a pass will be issued and posted to your home address.


If you have changed address, you will need to complete a PDF version of the application form. 


Option 3


If you are going to Sixth Form you will need to download the PDF application form, complete it and get it signed by an authorised signatory at the Sixth Form school you are attending. Hand in the completed form at a Travel South Yorkshire Information Centre and a pass will be ordered for you.  


Back to top